20k movie proposal (from 2015)

anash at julesverne.ca anash at julesverne.ca
Thu Feb 22 01:42:40 UTC 2018

(I hope this information wasn't sent before!!)

After a friend passed me some info that a 20k movie,
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2566204/?ref_=nm_ov_bio_lk2

Was being made.

I did some digging.

Imdb says that it is "in development"

Since I don't have IMDB Pro, I wasn't able to look up more information, BUT
by creative use of window shrinking, I was able to see enough information
UNDER the IMDB Pro popup to get the name of the producer: George Michael
Kostuch

Searching further, I found this cool link of the movie proposal:
https://k7pictures.com/20000leagues/ (the look book)

The proposal was made  for production in the year 2015, but other
information on k7 website, seems to indicate it is in pre-production in
2017.

In the proposal, are suggestions for Captain Nemo, ranging from Johnny Depp
at 192 Million to Gary Oldman at 246 million to 5 different bollywood
actors, but no estimated cost for them!

Aronnax could be  Andrew Lincoln, or Guy Pearce, or Christoph Waltz, etc...

A character named Mara:  Mila Kunas, Emma Stone, Lauren Cohen . etc..

Kind of fun to read through..

He compares it to the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, and even suggests
after marketing like restaurants, and theme parks!!

.. Fun wow..

See a CGI "trailer" here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=xMCdwvEjHW8> &v=xMCdwvEjHW8

Complete with jet fighter, and air to ground missles!

He DID produce Mysterious Island:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1705125/?ref_=nm_flmg_prd_5

It premiered on SyFy channel in 2012,  starring: Gina Holden, Lochlyn Munro
etc. and "shattered viewer records with over 2 million viewers"

Come on. who couldn't look forward to potential sequels:
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: The Nautilus Lives
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Nemo's Revenge

Enjoy. Andrew