20k movie proposal (from 2015)

Craig Weatherhill craig at agantavas.org
Thu Feb 22 22:18:10 UTC 2018

My book is (mostly) set in the present day - Nemo's long dead, but his boat isn't, and she's scaring the hell out of modern naval agencies with her speed, depth capability and manoeuvrability.  She's back and somehow crippling whalers and merchant ships involving in the illicit dumping of toxic waste, while leaving a trail of antique of gold bars in black markets in ports around the world.

But who's aboard, why is she now camped in the North Atlantic, and what is the tenuous connection with the disappearance of a Deep Watch vessel in the Antarctic (Deep Watch is my own invention, a small version of Greenpiece and Sea Shepherd)?  Two parallel investigations begin, one by an investigative reporter who'd been forced into retirement several years earlier, and another by a Royal Navy intelligence officer.  These bring them closer to an international ecological conspiracy…and an avenging legend.

I've striven to remain as faithful as possible to Verne, and the boat is Verne's 'Nautilus' to the last rivet.  No huge size, no serrated edges, but as he describes her, with the additions of basic radar, radio and sonar facilities.  No weapons except her own ram.  Curious parallels occur between present day events and characters, and Nemo's past life.  She's also forced to run the Maelstrom for a second time (this time, much more as it really is).  And…is the new crew really alone on board her?

The book's available on Amazon or from the publisher, Evertype.
.
Craig